Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Celebrate NAOSH Week!

I'm so excited I found a few minutes to post about the 12th Annual North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week. Tomorrow (May 7) I'm celebrating Occupational Safety and Health Professional Day with one of my safety and professional mentors. Courtesy of an awesome new contract, I've been busy as ever and loving every minute of it. 

Per AIHA's website, this year's theme is "Workplace Safety Works for Everyone." I couldn't agree more. My family and friends likely get annoyed when I bring up safety hazards in the work they are doing.


NAOSH Logo

Per ASSE's website, NAOSH week is an opportunity to share your knowledge about the positive benefits a safe workplace provides - for workers, their families, friends, and community. It's a way for us to let people know that they have a right to a safe and healthy workplace, and that the skills they learn about safety at work are directly transferable to their home life.

More information about Occupational Safety and Health Professional Day here

If you like, you can "Salute Your Safety Pro" and recognize them on ASSE's website here

A neat aspect of NAOSH week is the two listed sponsors: Disney and URS. Kudos for Disney's commitment to health and safety!


Banner for NAOSH Week! Live it and love it!
So take a minute tomorrow, or this week, or as soon as you can, and please let your safety professional know that you appreciate their efforts. I'll be sending an email to my mentors and colleagues and hope you'll do the same. 

Also, since I'm an artist, I felt these ASSE 2014 "Safety on the Job" posters deserved some additional attention.

My favorite:

Geek Chic - Lab Safety is Always in Style (Abbigael H, Age 8, Massachusetts)




















My runner-up (creepy and surprisingly effective):

Gamble with Safety? Risk Your Life! (Riley J, Age 10, Texas)





















Say thanks to your safety professional and look for new and intriguing posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment