Friday, March 17, 2017

Preparing for #Safety2017

I've been pleasantly busy with the new job (not a surprise: being a professor is hard work) and haven't had much time to devote to blogging. I'll have some more exciting new content as summer gets closer.

I just found out that my proposal to speak at the Pacific Northwest AIHA Spring Symposium was accepted, so that is pretty spiffy. I'll be speaking for an hour on "Using Continuity of Operations Planning to Improve Your EH&S Program" in Lacey, WA on April 19, 2017.

Since the Puget Sound ASSE's PDC is on my campus, I'll also be attending that on May 5, 2017. I'm looking forward to meeting Pacific Northwest safety professionals and alumni from Central Washington University's Safety and Health Management (SHM) program. Go Wildcats!

My co-author and I have been hard at work completing our proceedings paper and presentation for #Safety2017 in Denver, CO. If you'll be at the conference, we'd love to have you attend our presentation on "Practical Tools for Gender Equal Protection in OSH Programs" on June 20, 2017 at 1:00pm (Session #537). We're also working on an article summarizing the presentation for Professional Safety, so hopefully that is accepted soon!


The Industrious Hygienist is speaking at Concurrent Session #537!
Depending on professional development funding (of which I have none remaining, so must ask for more), I may also be attending AIHce 2017 in Seattle, at least for a day. The #AIHce2017 conference is scheduled during my finals week, so I probably will not be able to attend the entire thing. 

Piper Pangolin will (of course) be attending both #Safety2017 and #AIHce2017 with me, so you can look forward to more goofy videos of the #industrioushygienist and #sockpuppetsafety from Denver and Seattle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment